The Calabar Myth!!!!!

Ok! I was hoping to have a perfect afternoon,maybe go to a quiet area and write.Told you I was working on my novel right!Well, I haven't written a line in five days and I feel awful,like my dream of winning the Orange Prize for Fiction is slipping away!Then I get the call!A call I knew I would one day receive but, didn't know it would be so soon.

"Jide... left ....me....my friend Tonia stammered between tears."oh he did?"well, I guess you guys would make-up as you've always done in the past.(I had lost count of the number of times Tonia had taken Jide back after one of his cheating sprees)." I don't think he would be coming back"she continued between louder sobs. "I think you are just being hysterical".I said with optimism."Jide would be back I know"(I didn't want him back with her,she deserved better)I mean I expected the breakup!

Jide was a hopeless womaniser.I saw that from the first time Tonia introduced me to him.He winked at me seductively(gross).. of course, I couldn't tell her. She would probably kill me,and kill herself afterwards.Then she dropped the bomb.

He left me for a CALABAR girl.My mouth hung open in shock,just the way it was the first time I watched Omotala walk down the red carpet of the Grammy's in that  sexy dress.At that point in time, I knew that was it.
The fear of a Calabar girl is the begining of wisdom(some one said it oooo,not me).The issue here is......


 why does everyone feel calabar girls are that hot that they could snatch your man in a blink of an eye?Is this really true or have we given them much more credit than they deserve?I see the danger stares ladies give me when they see me around their men whom I have professional relationships with.They are usually very nice ,until they hear the name"Emeh" and I just know,they think I'm Calabar.

When women discuss,they always say"God forbid I employ a calabar girl as a house maid".Don't you see  Ini Edo or Florence Ita Giwa (that's what they say oooh)?Well, I personally think,they are over hyped.
I guess I wont have to find out, coz im definitely not employing a calabar girl as a housemaid(straight face)

NB:for the foreigners who read my blog, Calabar is a city in Nigeria reputable for its beauty, rich culture and women with big bums)

Recycled post
You have read this article with the title The Calabar Myth!!!!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://scenesfromahomeoffice.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-calabar-myth.html. Thanks!