Why women hide their real ages!!!!

I can't forget the look on my beloved father's face(RIP)when a lady who looked as old as my grandmother(ok!maybe not like my grandmother per se) said she was 23 years old.I couldn't help but laugh."you mean you are just 23?My father asked in amazement."Yes I am" she replied. Confidence oozing out of every pore of her shrivelled body.Her bleached epidermis did nothing to improve her appearance."I guess you are too young for the job then" , my father countered, a hint of sarcasm to his voice.Then she began to stammer..no.no.sir, I'm actually 35, I need this job.No one employs ladies who have crossed 30.(pause)!!!



Why do ladies lie about their ages?What's in a number anyway? It looks like we have been systematically programmed to lie when it comes to the age factor. Haven't you heard about ageing gracefully?I think its more embarrassing to reduce your age when you don't have the features to match.The other day, I addressed a woman old enough to be my mother as "Ma''and this woman almost caused a scene"Do I look like your mother?"foolish girl with no respect"She kept on ranting and ranting.Of course, she didn't just look like my mother(not physically ), but my great grand mother.(Lol) I didn't tell her that though!All my attempts to quell her rage just infuriated her more.When I couldn't take it any more , I said"With all due respect MA,how else should I address you?My mouth was agape when she responded''Call me aunty..(yea right)
 Sometimes, our lies catch up with us.I know a lady who celebrated at least 6 birthdays in a year because she had to lie to her various male friends about her age and date of birth.Well, I know you can guess what happened when she was caught.
As much as the reasons vary, the most celebrated reason why women lie about their ages are: men;most women feel men prefer younger ladies. I've said this time without number,one man's meat is another's poison.Some men prefer their women much younger, some go with older ladies.you cant even find a good man if you aren't confident about your real age.You just might lose something or someone very important just because of a baseless lie.

I am proud to be 2......(lol) I can never take off a year because I want to look or appear younger to people. After all different strokes for different folks.


Embrace your true age today.There is beauty in ageing gracefully.
You have read this article with the title Why women hide their real ages!!!!. You can bookmark this page URL http://scenesfromahomeoffice.blogspot.com/2011/09/why-women-hide-their-real-ages.html. Thanks!