My First Love


Last night,when half the world was asleep, I lay on my bed, and thought about my life from start to finish. I do that when I need to examine my choices and see how far I’ve come and the mistakes I’ve made.
Well, my mind dwelt on my first love and I wondered how time flies. It’s been purported that your first love is your true love and that they can never be two true loves. What do we call a first love? The first person who you fell  in love with while  in your teens ,and barely able to make decisions for yourself?

I was 15 when I fell in love with Biodun way back in the once serene city,jos.was in ss3 and so was he, in another school just next to mine. The problem was, Biodun was carried away by another girl who spoilt him silly with gifts, so Biodun had to shuttle between both of us  who where so eager to have his love. Biodun never tried to be amorous with me. He claimed he loved me too much to defile me. It was so innocent without all the cons and pros of modern dating.
When he graduated and went back to Ibadan, he wrote a letter to me, telling me how much he loved me and promising to come back for me. I cried my eyes out for months, and had that letter under my pillow for two years. Until my beloved dad tore it up(thank God)

Then, I waited and waited but never saw or heard from him. I would always dream of the day he would come back and marry me. I imagined different scenarios. Bumping into him in Lagos, meeting him in the university and hearing him say the words “I love you”.
Then I started to heal, from thinking about him daily to weekly, then monthly…till I totally forgot months on end that I knew someone like that.

7 years later, Biodun got in contact with me on face book,telling me how much he loved me ,and yearns to see me.. But it’s been a year and I haven’t been able to see him even though he is now within my reach. I see clearly now and know there’s no possibility of being together. I’m now a grown woman able to make choices for myself.
My first love was just a stepping stone into the real world of love and relationships. Sometimes, your first love never comes till you’re old and grey; some never find it at all. And some do find it in their first love experience. As for me, I think I’m still waiting to be blown away by my “first love”.maybe not..


You have read this article with the title My First Love. You can bookmark this page URL http://scenesfromahomeoffice.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-first-love.html. Thanks!