Blogger's Diary-How a pastor's shocking revelation made me possessed

I promised never to meddle in the affairs of any man of God ever. I promised to stay clear of religious matters, but what I witnessed a few weeks back unnerved me. was more shocked by the recent development, and I just had to let it out.

A few weeks back, I read about a guy in Calabar who was arrested for the murder of his dad. When caught, he confessed he killed him because his pastor said his dad was responsible for all his misfortunes in life and said for him to progress, his dad had to die. The pastor was arrested but claimed all he did was pass across a revelation from God and he didn't ask the guy to kill his dad. SERIOUSLY?


I was born a catholic who later metamorphosed into a Pentecostal churchgoer. Despite this, I never let go of some traditions such as, praying to Holy Mary and believing in the power of intercession. I found out that Pentecostal churches increased my zeal to pray or made me a prayer warrior to speak. But my catholic upbringing made me skeptical about some abrupt miracles.

So when my friend invited me to her church, I was open to a new experience and tagged along. I definitely needed to strengthen my Christian life. It was hours of praises and worship and I had never felt better basking in the presence of the Lord.
Then he ordered all to keep quiet as he just had a revelation. Someone in the congregation needed help. This unknown person had tried his hands on several ventures for years without success, and won’t attain any headway unless he came out to the pulpit. Minutes later, a haggard looking young man emerged and the crowd erupted in cheers, hailing the pastor for his accuracy.

“Your grandmother is behind all the evil which has befallen you for the last five years”. I froze. I didn't hear this man or well, Man of God right. “And, she has to DIE for you to succeed. She is evil, a witch and keeps sapping all the youth out of you to stay alive.” The worshipers erupted in cheers as they kept chanting “Die, die, she must die”. At this point in time, I slumped to my seat to the surprise of the members of congregation seated next to me.

“We have another one here”, I heard a man yell. I looked at him like he was crazy. Then I saw 3 hefty ushers coming towards me and realized what he meant by another one” a possessed girl”. They mistook the fact that I sat down during the intensity of the prayers as being possessed. .Yes, I was possessed. Possessed by rage, possessed by shock and disbelief, possessed by anger

So, I picked up my purse to the surprise of my friend who invited me there and made towards the door.
Stop her. The pastor screamed. "Stop that evil from leaving" A female usher made to block me, I gave her the stare and said “If you stand in my fucking way, I’ll fucking run you down”. She shouted “Chineke(GOD)” and stepped aside as I bolted through the door and walked out of the church premises.

But as I walked out, I thought to myself. Was I being judgmental? What right did I have to question the authority of a Man of God? Then I cast my mind back to a few years back when a pastor told an Igbo businessman that his enemy had planted some evil charms in his new house. The pastor said he should pray fervently for the enemy to die. After the prayer, he said the enemy would be found dead in 3 days. 3 days later, thieves attacked the best friend of the business man and shot him dead, unfortunately for them they were caught by vigilante as they made to escape. They weren't thieves. One was the assistant of that pastor. While being tortured, they confessed they had to kill the best friend to validate the pastor’s claims that an enemy was trying to kill the business man.

I am not saying there are no real men of God out there.... but bringing my mind back to the present
If I were that young man, what would I do to my grandmother when I got home knowing my pastor said she is behind all my misfortunes in life?
Your guess is as good as mine….
So, I wasn't surprised when I inquired and heard she passed on in her sleep…..How convenient.
You have read this article with the title Blogger's Diary-How a pastor's shocking revelation made me possessed . You can bookmark this page URL http://scenesfromahomeoffice.blogspot.com/2013/05/blogger-diary-how-pastor-shocking.html. Thanks!